Ajax Scuba Club Events
The purpose of our "Diver Rating System" is to ensure that club members do not book or make dives that are not suitable for their level of training and skill. With that in mind, all club Dives, Dive Weekends, and Divers will be rated as either: Level 1, Level 2, or Level 3. The following are the criteria used, and a brief summary of how they are will be applied. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact any of the Club's Divemasters
|Skills||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|# of dives||5-12||13-24||25+|
|Last dive w/in 12 months||No||Yes||Yes|
|Recreational Overhead Envier.||No||Limited||Yes|
Using The Rating System:
- All Club Members will be rated at the Spring General Meeting based on their previous diving experience
- All Club Dive Weekends have been rated by the DSC as either: Level 1, Level 2 or Level 3, or a combination
- All individual Club Dives will be specifically rated as either: Level 1, Level 2, or Level 3 (i.e. no combinations allowed) by the acting Divemaster
- A Club Member will not be allowed to book a Dive Weekend unless they have the minimum required skill level (e.g.: a Club Member with a Level 1 skill rating will not be allowed to book a Level 2-Level 3 Dive Weekend; a Club Member with a Level 2 skill level will be allowed to book a Level 2-Level 3 Dive Weekend, but will be told they will not be able to make all the planned dives)
- A Club member will be allowed to book a dive weekend they do not have the required skill for only if they have scheduled diving earlier in the season which will elevate their skill to the required level
- The Divemaster assigned for the dive event will use good judgment & common sense when applying these rules. Remember to always err on the side of caution. If you're not completely comfortable making the planned dive - sit it out!
Individual dives have not been rated, only weekends. Assigned Divemasters will rate individual dives based on depth, current, visibility, temperature, surface conditions, and general difficulty. Once rated, 100% of the divers with the associated skill level should be able to make the dive with ease.